I take a lot of pictures. There is nothing I love more than looking at them printed. Old ones, new ones, ones I took, ones I didn’t take, 4x6s, instax minis, square, anything! I hate it when they are locked inside a drawer; I just want to display all of them cuz I feel they’re all so pretty and special.
However, with the very little space I have in my room it can be tricky mounting things on my wall. Frames are too chunky and sometimes expensive; I really don’t want to puncture my photos with a thumbtack; and even when I put fun-tak or tape, they fold or fall. Thanks to several ideas on the internet, I finally found a great solution to that problem!
There are many ways to make this, but since this is what I had at hand, this is how I did mine. You should do yours with what you have in hand, too! If you don’t have clothespins, improvise! Use paperclips! Etc.
You can also purchase these already made online. Here are some I found in Urban Outfitters. I don’t know about you, but I find it a little ridiculous to waste almost $15 on something I can make for less than $5!
These have not failed me. I just keep adding more to my room. They are a great focal point and a way to brighten up your bedroom and display awesome memories. My walls always remain interesting since I keep moving and replacing photos. Also, this method doesn’t damage your walls, in case you’re renting an apartment where they, for some reason, don’t let you drill holes on the walls, or if you just don’t want to. Or if you know you get bored with things rapidly, you can always transfer these to another wall (or take them off altogether) very easily.
how to hang pictures with thread and clothespins:
Continue reading “DIY: How to hang pictures with thread and clothespins”
hello friends! if you read my blog, you’ll notice that my family and i often go to mexico city. we just love it. i don’t know, something about that place is special..
during spring break, boyfriend invited me to go with him, his dad, and brother. i think it’s the first time david and i travel by plane together elsewhere. we are lucky to have had the chance to do so. it was so much fun. here are some pictures of our trip in case you’re interested. as always, i appreciate you taking the time to read my posts! :)
Continue reading “a weekend in mexico city with the boyfriend”
how are you!? I’ve missed you, my wordpress friends! feels so good to be writing to you again. (i mean, my last post was less than 20 days ago, but it feels longer!)
as the title suggests, i have a couple of good and bad news to share with you..
- david and I went to mexico city for the weekend of spring break.
- it was so neat to be in a city i really enjoy with someone i really love.
- we went to museums and the pyramids.
- while we were over there, i got a call from my mother saying Linda, my beloved 3 year old guinea pig, had passed away.
- we don’t know what happened or why she died. it was a shock for all us. my mother especially, since she’s the one who found her.
- i think that since david and i were in a big city with his family, we weren’t able to cry or digest her death properly. we had to hide our emotions in front of everyone and keep going.
- when we got back home, we buried her next to her brother, napoleón, who also left us this past october.
- if linda was sick or if she suffered, anything, she is free of it and she is now with her brother, and they are both happily eating cilantro in piggy heaven. –– at least that’s what i tell myself.
- I planted flowers around their little tombs and they’re already raising from the ground. other plants i also have are blooming too. –– makes me happy
- i still have one more piggy with me, and since he’s a baby he needs a lot of attention and activities. –– so i also have to keep going cuz of him.
- life is still good. god is great. everything happens for a reason. my guinea pigs and i have people who love us and we love them. ♥
we will miss you terribly linda.
anyway friends, i guess i just wanted to write this to have a little post in honor of Linda, since this is a space i truly love. more lifestyle, diy, travel posts coming your way pretty soon. sorry this is a little bit of a sad post, i just needed to write about this since a lot of people don’t understand how losing a four-legged loved one is also a horrible feeling.
are you well? i hope so.
love you guys.
thanks for sticking around.
I love hosting little dinners here and there with my friends. (this is one we had back in november, if you’re interested.) but since we’re all away in different cities for college, it becomes a little hard to get together. soo, a girl can dream and plan an affair as such in none other than good ol’ pinterest!
here are some pictures i found. if i found the blog owner i tagged them because it ain’t cool to just steal pics, and if i didn’t tag anyone it was because i saw the same picture 20 times around pinterest and didn’t know who it belonged to. so yeah, enjoy!
by local milk
by fresh exchange
by harper’s bazaar
Continue reading “ideas: outdoor dinner and a movie”
how’s your weekend going? I hope well! today had SUCH an amazing weather!! I felt productive and spent it outdoors with my parents cleaning our front yard.
Continue reading “afternoons outdoors with mom, dad, and the dogs.”
I wanted my hair blue for a while, but whenever I told someone I wanted that color they would give me the “you’re crazy” look, so it unmotivated me. Then I found an emerald green on pinterest, fell in love, got my parent’s approval, showed it to my hair stylist, and he worked his magic.
moments after // a week after // yesterday
I need to retouch it soon. But I am so happy!
I have blue, green-blue, and purple in my hair. Yay! My guy left my natural root since it was growing, so there’s also my brown hair in the mix. I was scared the green wouldn’t show, but nope, it’s there!
Continue reading “my hair is blue-emerald-green!”