how are you!? I’ve missed you, my wordpress friends! feels so good to be writing to you again. (i mean, my last post was less than 20 days ago, but it feels longer!)
as the title suggests, i have a couple of good and bad news to share with you..
- david and I went to mexico city for the weekend of spring break.
- it was so neat to be in a city i really enjoy with someone i really love.
- we went to museums and the pyramids.
- while we were over there, i got a call from my mother saying Linda, my beloved 3 year old guinea pig, had passed away.
- we don’t know what happened or why she died. it was a shock for all us. my mother especially, since she’s the one who found her.
- i think that since david and i were in a big city with his family, we weren’t able to cry or digest her death properly. we had to hide our emotions in front of everyone and keep going.
- when we got back home, we buried her next to her brother, napoleón, who also left us this past october.
- if linda was sick or if she suffered, anything, she is free of it and she is now with her brother, and they are both happily eating cilantro in piggy heaven. –– at least that’s what i tell myself.
- I planted flowers around their little tombs and they’re already raising from the ground. other plants i also have are blooming too. –– makes me happy
- i still have one more piggy with me, and since he’s a baby he needs a lot of attention and activities. –– so i also have to keep going cuz of him.
- life is still good. god is great. everything happens for a reason. my guinea pigs and i have people who love us and we love them. ♥
we will miss you terribly linda.
anyway friends, i guess i just wanted to write this to have a little post in honor of Linda, since this is a space i truly love. more lifestyle, diy, travel posts coming your way pretty soon. sorry this is a little bit of a sad post, i just needed to write about this since a lot of people don’t understand how losing a four-legged loved one is also a horrible feeling.
are you well? i hope so.
love you guys.
thanks for sticking around.
after watching several ponderous videos on YouTube (half of one that appeared on my What To Watch, actually) on how to self-cut hair, I was curious about the idea of cutting mine. I’ve been wanting to get a hair cut for a while now. I just haven’t gone. no reason. maybe just that I’m lazy to go to the salon and get it cut?
well, laziness aside, yesterday night around 1 am I got the crazies, my sowing scissors, and chopped off 4 fingers all around!
It’s not the first time I get impulses to cut my hair. I always cut my bangs whenever I feel like it. (even if my hair dresser gets mad at me for doing so.) in January I actually went back to bangs I hadn’t styled since elementary school (post here) and they didn’t turn out bad!
in july I dyed it red myself with the help of my sister and a L’Oreal hair dye box, after getting the idea from a blogger (easily-influenced, me). I loved it despite of the damage it did to my hair and the mess it created in my restroom.
but this is different! I’ve never cut my entire hair :o it looks the same, almost, just with more layers in the bottom.
i’m happy though. bye damaged ends!! and yay for saving money!
wait til I tell my mom. she’ll freak! :D
happy tuesday! — diana
p.s. – i want pancakes so bad! maybe i can used the money i saved on going to the salon to get some…hmm ;)
DAY 1 – SELF PORTRAIT
DAY 2 – WHAT YOU WORE
DAY 3 – WHERE YOU SLEPT
DAY 4 – GUILTY PLEASURE
DAY 5 – OBSESSION
here is the photo challenge I am following (sort of). join if you’d like!
– diana :)
I just discovered these pictures in my google drive.
(He shared them with me.)
It was after the opening night of the first play I’ve ever been on.
He went both days to support me.
I really, really, really do like this guy.
And I think he likes me.
(Even with all of my makeup, haha)
I have the best boyfriend.
Pictures date March 28, 2015.
I sometimes feel I’m not doing much with my summer. Or, since it’s almost over, that I didn’t do much with it. I see some friends abroad helping others; I see people exploring the U.S. by car; I see some classmates taking many summer classes to graduate earlier; I see others reading book after book after book while I’m stuck in the same one. And, well, as for me I am just here at home most of the time.
But today it made me reconsider.
Even though I feel did not do as much as others this summer, I had fun. And if I think about it I did do several things. I worked as a research assistant in my university, I traveled with my family, I helped my mom and my aunt start their local business, I’m about to finish that one book I’ve been wanting to read, and I spent the beginning of summer with my grandfather, among other things.
One thing that my boyfriend and I finally got to doing, that I love we took advantage of this summer, was swimming in his pool many times. We bought an underwater camera a few days ago and we went crazy with it (cuz it was just so cool to throw a gadget in the water and it be ok – a strange feeling and a little scary too!). Being there with him, swimming, playing, capturing underwater shots, made me think about how much I really liked this summer. (And how much I love spending time with him.) So those “negative” thoughts just went away. (Thank you, David.) I did the things I had the chance to, and even if I could’ve done more, I am happy with the stuff I did.
some pictures from our camera:
I still need to learn how to swim.. maybe next summer! :D
p.s: boyfriend has the coolest star wars comics swim trunks