4 methods of coping with this stressful week.
this has been a stressful week. not only for me but also for others; I’ve spoken to classmates, friends, and read other blogs and we all feel the same way.
in college, it just that time of the semester where everything just piles up, and you feel like you don’t have time, and you have many things due daily, and then there’s work, and tests to study for, bills to be paid and no money, meetings for annoying group projects, and now we have to register for classes for next semester.
those are just me and my classmates. I’m pretty sure you have stressful things going on in your life too. because of this hell of a week, I write this post. I know it’s not that easy to cope with stress but here are a few things that help me:
· vent. Tell a friend, a random stranger, write it out like I just did, say it out loud, whatever! Just put out there. Some people say it’s wining but it is not if it helps you feel better.
· exercise. You have all of this stress and anxiety inside of you that you need to let it out. When i feel my worst, like worst, when i’m crying of how bad things are, when I explode, I run. Even if I’m in a dress and in a place I don’t know. Afterward I feel so much better and can see things in a better light.
· breathe. Go outside and just take one moment to breathe in deeply several times and admire your surroundings and take everything in. Don’t think about anything. It’s just you and that place, and breathe. It might be hard but try it. Once you feel calm enough:
· make a list. I get overwhelmed pretty easily when I know I have several deadlines to meet. So, I make lists. First, I make a list of all the things I have to do then I read over it. Having everything written down gives me another perspective. A lot of the times when I do this I see the things I have due and am like “Oh…I can do that.” It was just my mind running crazy that made me feel so up to my neck. Once everything is clear I put the due dates and when I should work on them/submit them. By doing this I end up with a schedule, am calm and not all over the place.
These 4 things are the first that come to mind and that I do often when in this situations. They calm me and thanks to them I can make better decisions.
Remember, breathe. The week is almost over.
Do you have any tips to cope with stress? If so let me know :)
I wish you the best.
well, happy day for some. it was a little overwhelming getting to school today with this rain. I don’t know how my little car got through it all but it did. Good boy.
I wasn’t excited for this friday – or lately any friday, since fridays now I mean I have to spend three hours dissecting a stinky cat for my anatomy class. but waking up to pouring rain and witnessing my sisters attempting to get into my dad’s car without getting wet on their way to school changed my perspective for today. even if mom and I almost got stuck in a river and even if I got late to class, today is a good day. so friends, happy friday!
good, happy things that happened this week:
- I’m an aunt!
- I developed three roles of film.
- I cut David’s hair.
- My boyfriend, my sister, and I gave Alexander the hedgehog, Max the pug, and Napo and Linda the guinea pigs baths.
- I saw my friend’s baby bump in her baby shower and ate tacos.
- I submitted an application to study abroad during the winter and I got accepted!
- My blog turned one year old and I gave it a new look.
- I discovered new blogs and that makes me happy.
- This is my 80th blog post.
once again, happy friday friends!
have a good one :)
- where I know what I am doing for a career so I don’t keep guessing what path to take next.
- where I don’t have to write pointless essays.
cuz that would be great..
I love school, but I really, really hate essays.
And I hate not knowing where I am going to end working.
I just want to live with my boyfriend
in a little apartment in a big city,
have many guinea pigs,
and have a job that makes me happy
and that shows my skills.
don’t we all!
I am not in a rush to graduate though.
again, since I don’t know where I am heading.
I live at home with my guinea pigs,
I see my boyfriend often,
have a job in a place where I am a leader,
am in college,
and I write essays.
but I’m happy.
That’s boyfriend, myself, and our friend Andy having brunch in IHOP.
Oh, how we love Andy! If I were a mom, I would want my kid to be just like him. So nice, helpful, respectful. The epitome of a good person.
We also love his company. So when the opportunity to see him presented itself (since we don’t really see each other cuz he’s in another city for college), we took it! I love this kid and his sense of humor – can’t say it enough!
After leaving IHOP and saying good bye to Andy, as he was about to go on the road, David and I went back to my house to pick up a package I had just received: the Minolta XG7! Ah, so excited to try it out!
Later, David picked up his two band members, they ate, loaded up their instruments and we all went to a bar where they played for the night. They had beer and played us their music, I had a drink and took some videos. (I also studied for anatomy cuz I felt bad for not doing so, but can you blame me? Too many terms!)
Monday morning in school I’m sitting in the library’s computer lab and I see a familiar figure coming in. It was my high school best friend, Esteban. I approached him and he sat next to me and caught up a bit. I like it when we talk. I don’t, nor do I think I will ever, exactly know why we stopped talking much after high school. We had a really good brother-sister relationship.
I don’t know about you, but there’s nothing like seeing old, long-time good friends. The conversations, the history, the jokes, everything. Even if we meet new people or live far away from each other or are each busy with our lives, we can still get together one afternoon and laugh like only a day passed since we last saw each other. And I find that fucking awesome and it makes me happy.
I love my friends. I hope we keep seeing each other like this.